Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stock Android 2.2 3D Picture Gallery for HTC Evo 4G

The Evo recently got an update to Android 2.2 Froyo, but because it is an HTC device some features where not included as HTC opted to use their own versions. One of such features is the 3D picture gallery. I just installed it and it looks really great but is a bit slower and less efficient than the stock option from HTC. Still it doesnt override your stock HTC pic gallery so you can use both and show off the 3D effects of the stock Android 2.2 gallery. Check out the video and if you like it follow the link to download and install.



To install you will need either an app like Astro file manager (highly recommended app) or you will need to download to your computer and email it to yourself at your Gmail account, at which point your phones Gmail will offer you the option to install the file.

Download: Android 2.2 Stock 3D Picture Gallery
Source: Good and Evo

2 comments:

  1. My bigggest concern that it would take the place of the HTC app vs run along side it cause I heard it was slower. But you said it doesn't so Imma check it out. -AL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm late with this but it seems like it is speeding up as I use it. Still slower than default and annoyingly has all pics (album covers etc) in my gallery. But man it looks so much sweeter than HTC stock gallery

    ReplyDelete