Monday, December 13, 2010

Evo 4G Gets a Keyboard Equipped Brother



Whats better than an Evo 4G? Why an Evo 4G with a keyboard of course.... Right? Well soon customers will be able to choose between the two! Sprint's long rumored Evo Shift 4G / HTC Knight / HTC Speedy recently leaked a few pics and a January 9th release date! The pic shows it sporting some sort of protective case, but essentially its looking like an Evo with a smaller screen and a slide out qwerty keyboard. Though HTC added a keyboard unfortunately rumors are saying the screen is 3.5", which is .5" too small in my opinion, and that the front facing 2nd camera may have been dropped.

I love my Evo, but I have to admit the idea of an optional physical keyboard is appealing. Just not at the cost of all that screen real estate and my front camera (even if I barely use it). I definitely have had some times I wouldn't mind a keyboard.  The emulators I've blogged about before would be perfect with a physical keyboard controller. Plus back in the day on my PPC 6700, Mogul or Touch Pro I used to actually type papers and do work on my phone. I think I typed faster on there than on a real keyboard honestly lol. But I'll likely be riding my Evo out until the Evo 2 is dropped though. I would've gladly traded a 4.3" for a 4" screen and a keyboard. Four inch screens seem to have become the high end phone standard screen size especially for sliders. Any less won't really float for me not coming from an OG Evo; and the camera seems to quickly be turning into an essential spec for elite devices. And I mean, the Epic has one..... I'm just saying.

Oh yeah, and I'm feeling the touch pad on the keyboard. Just wish they would've put it on the left hand side for games smh.

Source: Boy Genius Report

  

No comments:

Post a Comment