If you've been holding out and waiting for an Android tablet with Google's tablet-centric Android 3.0 Honeycomb and a super snappy dual-core processor the wait is almost over! Best Buy has the Motorola Xoom listed as $799, this is the Verizon 3G model that will get a free upgrade to 4G in the near future. This isn't the first time Best Buy has listed the Xoom as available for pre-order but this time looks legit. Come February 24th you will be able to pick up a Moto Xoom as well as a number of different accessories, including cases and docks. Unfortunately the Wi-Fi only version (rumored to be $600) will not be available on the 24th. This model should be released soon after the Verizon model along with GSM friendly versions. Oh yeah and if you think you'll just buy the VZW 3G model and use it as Wi-Fi only, Know that Verizon will require at least one month of 3G service be purchased before it can be used as a Wi-Fi only device. This will definitely be an exciting launch, I for one however will be holding out for a Wi-Fi only dual-core Honeycomb tablet. Not quite sure if it will be the Xoom or not yet but it does look really appealing.
Motorola Xoom Specs at a glance:
- Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), designed specifically for tablets
- Large 10.1" widescreen HD display
- Super-fast, dual-core processor for advance performance and superior graphics
- Front- and rear-facing cameras
- Multitask with ease and PC-like performance
- Full-functioning HD camcorder for great videos
- Supports Adobe Flash Player for optimal browsing
- Monthly 3G Verizon Wireless rate plans available (3G upgradable to 4G LTE)
- Compatible with Wi-Fi networks*
- Variety of Motorola XOOM accessories available online and in store
Check out Best Buy's page for details and accessories here
If Feb 24th is too far off for you maybe a glance at the Xoom user manual will hold you over.